Friday, October 25, 2013

October Favorites!

Happy October!

Last month I was late in my monthly favorites.  This time I am actually on schedule!  Halloween is finally upon us, today I purchased your standard costume makeup for my late notice halloween costume.  I will create a separate blog post on how a procrastinator like myself can throw together a last minute Halloween look with a cute dress and a little bit of makeup.

This blog post will focus on my monthly favorites.

I am going to begin with my favorite lip products and the first favorite it MAC's "Rebel".  This shade is a rich, deep, fuchsia shade that I believe makes for a perfect and bold fall shade.


The next lippie comes from CoverGirl cosmetics.  It is the lipslicks smoochies shade "#2 cute".  This product is great for a person who desires a safe start into a bold lip shade.  "#2 cute" is a deep plum shade that will turn out somewhat sheer when swiped onto the lips.  The beauty of this product is that it is build-able.  A person can either go with a very soft look or a deeper look.  I also do not find this product to be drying.  It feels like butter on the lips!


Moving on to eyes, my favorite look for this month comes from the Revlon Photoready eyeshadow palette in "Bohemian".  This small palette comes with 5 beautiful fall friendly shades.  One could create a very natural smokey eye look or a natural eye look with a pop of color.  The very top color is my most favorite shade out of the palette.  I have created a quite a few looks with this palette, and am still obsessing over it to this day.  
Sticking to eye favorites, Rimmel's "Scandaleyes" waterproof kohl kajal liner is a must have.  I have worn this liner all month and have not had a single problem with smudging.  This product only budges when I want it to budge.  The liner applies on smoothly, and stays all day.  I own more than just the standard black shade of this product and I adore them all.  This product would be one of my holy grail eyeliners.  I hope Rimmel never discontinues this product.
This next eye product is another huge favorite of mine.  It is L'oreal's "Voluminous Million Lashes" mascara.  I normally lean towards Maybelline mascara's but after seeing an advertisement on this product, I could not pass up the opportunity to try it out.  After my first use of this product, I was instantly in love.  What is rather funny is that I had purchased a sample size of Benefit's "They're Real" mascara a few days before the purchase of the million lashes mascara and in my opinion, million lashes wins all the way.  This product really does make me look as if I have millions of voluminous lashes! I love it!
Moving on to face products, Benefit's "Stay Flawless" 15 hour primer is a must have for all makeup trunks.  I used this product on the day of my long flight from California to Michigan to visit my boyfriend, and I did not have to reapply my makeup once.  I adore this product so much that I kept pressing my roommate to purchase this product before she embarked on her trip back Norway from California.  It took me a while to purchase this product when it first came out, but I am so happy that I did.
This next product is my all time favorite drugstore product.  I love Garnier's BB cream so much that I refuse to switch to another BB cream product.  My face is very important to me and to purchase a drugstore face product has now become something I am often reluctant to do.  I feel that if I am to make a major makeup investment, it will be what I cover my entire face with.  I have invested a lot of money into dermatologists, facial creams, facial serums, and facial cleansers to let my face break out due to a bad drugstore cover up.  However, I feel as if Garnier's BB cream not only makes my face look great when applied, but after I take the product off at the end of the day.  I do not feel that I need a heavy cover up of a product.  I just need something to even out my complexion and create a clean slate of a canvas before further makeup application.  Garnier's BB Cream does the job!  I will not ever part with this holy grail of a product.
Last but not lease, another favorite facial product is my 6 Contour Blush palette by Coastal Scents.  I have become fascinated with the art of contouring and this palette comes with 6 highlight, contour, and blush shades.  It is perfect for everyday use and for traveling.  I love this product so much that I want to do a separate blog post on a bigger review.  I recommend this product for anyone needed a starting kit to contouring.

This concludes my October Favorites.  If you have ever tried any of these products or are curious about them, please feel free to leave a comment below!

Happy Halloween!








No comments:

Post a Comment