Saturday, October 12, 2013

Luscious Lips

I am super adamant about having soft lips.  I am so determined that I buy tons of different chap sticks, lip therapy balms, as well as DIY lip remedies.  I am currently trying out a few products and one remedy.  I am finding that some work better than others.  Here's what I'm doing.
My mother is a huge fan of Mary Kay products and so MK's "Satin Lips" has been a staple in my lip therapy for years.  At first, this worked very well, however I cannot be so sure anymore.  When I am first using the product, my lips may last two days, but once the third day rolls around, my lips begin chapping once again.  This product works better than the average chapstick, but I cannot say it is the best lip product out there.

My next lip therapy remedy is using a good ol' tooth brush to the kissers.  I will usually do this at night or during the day when I am feeling my lips are becoming super chapped.  I will stick the toothbrush under some warm water, dab my lips to get them wet as well, and then start gently exfoliating my lips with the tooth brush.  After I have exfoliated for a couple minutes, I pat my lips dry and them coat them in Vaseline lip therapy.

The toothbrush does its job, but I am skeptical on how well the Vaseline balm is working on me.  I might as well test out Vaseline itself just to see if it works better.  I have not used it long enough to make a final decision, but so far the balm is not the best thing out there.


Finally, the lush products.  Currently, I am in Michigan seeing my boyfriend.  Although the Michigan weather is normally much colder than California weather, I am finally in a climate cooler than his.  San Francisco is a chilly city to live in, but I love it.  The only problem is my lips suffer.  Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went to the mall out in Somerset where we had lunch with my friend. After lunch, we stopped by Lush where I purchased "Mint Julips" peppermint and chocolate sugar lip scrub as well as "Lip Service" lip balm.

Since I have been using this for a day and a half, I cannot give you the final verdict.  However, my lips are still super soft, smooth, and kissable.  I even tried out the lip scrub on my boyfriend and his sister and their lips have not chapped up either.  Have I found my new lip staple?  Hopefully!

If you've tried any of these products and have an opinion on them, feel free to leave a  comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment